Table of Contents
The Account Manager (also known as the Account Executive) is the one responsible for managing assigned sales activities of a company as well as being the person who works closely with the client. An account manager is known to be the bridge between the customer and the company's production team.
An Account Manager is someone who:
- Manages a portfolio of accounts.
- Collaborates with members of the production and sales teams to assess the scope of work and produce quotes.
- Guides clients on the localization needs and best practices.
- Assesses the competitive landscape, develop project proposals and negotiate budget and schedule with clients.
- Identifies new business opportunities.
- Has a good understanding of clients and their business strategies.
- Has a good relationship with clients in order to identify their needs.
- Sells products and creates new campaigns.
- Manages and solves conflicts with clients.
- Establishes a budget with the client and the company.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Business or Marketing).
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in stressful situations.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to navigate contact management systems such as Salesforce.
- Good attention to detail.
- Has an excellent understanding of client care.
- Strong organizational skills.