Table of Contents
- Works with Product Managers to ensure product business decisions are aligned with internationalization best practices.
- Provides technical guidance to product and engineering partners using knowledge of internationalization best practices and standards.
- Works as an embedded engineer within different product teams, assisting them with internationalizing code, externalizing localizable content, and improving localizability.
- Writes scripts and automation tools when needed.
- Helps implement i18n tools for conformance at code submission or build time.
- Organize ongoing i18n testing.
- Proven experience in i18n engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of software design and architecture, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in building scalable applications with high availability and performance.
- Clear communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of XML, expert knowledge of Java, and associated i18n best practices for each.
- Solid experience using standard development tools, web services, and advanced scripting skills.
- Proven expertise in externalizing localizable strings stored in databases.
- Experience with i18n tools and automation expertise.
- Experience integrating enterprise-level localization tools into build systems to facilitate continuous localization cycles.
- Thorough knowledge of Unicode design, ICU4J, CLDR, and other common i18n standards.
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in CS preferred.
Link to a Real Person
ecosystemtemplate/internationalization_engineer.txt · Last modified: 2018/10/12 23:24 by kteshirogi