Table of Contents
The Language Lead is the quality gatekeeper, voice and market ambassador for the target language.
- Approves all content translated by vendors for new launches and existing products.
- Thoroughly QAs all localized content to ensure consistent messaging and proper functionality.
- Manages creation and maintenance of linguistic assets (TMs, glossaries, style guides, reference materials) for the language/market expertise.
- Provides input on UI, UX and design for products launching in international markets.
- Identifies and fixes linguistic and cultural issues before launch.
- Develops and maintains key relationships with vendor linguists.
- Contributes to the linguistic workflows and processes definitions and specifications.
- Monitors project activities and suggests improvements.
- Evaluates the translators, localizers and proofreaders.
- Fluent in the working language of the organization and educated native fluency of the target language.
- Degree in Translation, Linguistics, or similar field of study.
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools
- Highly-developed computer skills (MS Office, Windows)
- Ability to explain linguistic challenges and cultural questions and concepts to diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to stay focused under pressure. Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Link to a Real Person
ecosystemtemplate/language_lead.txt · Last modified: 2020/09/09 21:33 by winnieheh