Table of Contents
Linguistic QA Manager
- Oversee the daily localization QA process - bridging the work of internal stakeholders with global suppliers.
- Oversee quality reporting.
- Manage terminology and translation memory strategy.
- Coordinate external and internal QA resources.
- Lead/drive weekly read and react meetings with vendors.
- Provide innovative thinking around scalable solutions and operational workflows to continuously improve the LQA program.
- Analyze delivery metrics to identify trends, diagnose issues and reinforce quality standards via glossary terminology, style guides, etc.
- Effectively communicate project updates cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree in language/linguistics and/or +5 years relevant LQA experience, preferably in an outsourced environment or agency.
- Proven track record of managing and implementing Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Passion for developing content scoring and testing plans, assessing risks, and using big data to optimize QA.
- Hands on experience managing translation memories and glossaries will be highly valued, particularly if in a cloud based TMS.
- Familiarity with industry LQA models, standards and best practices.
- Experience managing QA for MT workflows will be valued.
- Adaptability and resiliency to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills.
- Self-starter, quick-learner, detail-oriented, quality-focused and proactive.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment, prioritizing tasks appropriately and showing flexibility.
- Ability to work in both agile and waterfall environments.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support cross-functional and remote team collaboration.
Link to a Real Person
ecosystemtemplate/linguistic_qa_manager.txt · Last modified: 2020/09/09 00:52 by winnieheh