Table of Contents
- Utilizes tools to identify, prepare and manage localizable resources for translation (primarily Idiom and scripts and tools) for the languages assigned.
- Integrates translations back into the core product for the languages assigned.
- Works with Product Management, Translators, Project Management, Development Engineers, Web Development and other Product Development groups to ensure the localization process runs smoothly and on schedule.
- Works with QA and Release Management to ensure that translations work live-to-site.
- Develops and maintains localization tools and automated processes including documentation and training to support them (as needed).
- Excellent knowledge of localization/translation tools, especially Idiom WorldServer.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: PERL, Python, C++, Visual Basic, Java.
- Experience with dynamic web architectures. Familiarly with building code and with source code revisioning systems.
Link to a Real Person
ecosystemtemplate/localization_engineer.txt · Last modified: 2019/08/14 22:42 by winnieheh