Table of Contents
Manager of Testing
- The expert test manager is able to utilize and adapt all available methods to define and meet testing objectives. They are expected to be able to design a specific method or approach to meet those objectives and to gain and maintain early management commitment.
- Managing the test team and managing testing throughout the organization are addressed extensively and special attention is given to the various project management tasks that would apply at the expert test management level. The test manager's role in performing risk management (risk assessment workshops and risk mitigation management), reviews, assessments, quality gate evaluation, quality assurance and audits are covered in detail.
- The expert test manager is expected to select or create, evaluate and improve the most appropriate approach for a given situation, which implies that several right approaches can occur simultaneously, of which no individual approach stands out significantly. It is up to the expert test manager to find a suitable approach or combination of approaches which fit the organization in order to meet or exceed the given objectives.
- Different ways to organize testing as well as different types of projects for test management, including vendor management, are covered. Typical test management topics such as incident management, test project evaluation and tools for reporting and test management are addressed in depth.
- Leads the test management within an organization, project or program to identify and manage critical success factors with management commitment at the CEO/Board level.
- Takes appropriate business-driven decisions on a test management strategy and implements organization-wide commitment and compliance based on quality KPIs.
- Assesses the current status of the test management, propose step-wise improvements and shows how these are linked to achieving business goals within the organizational context of test management (organization or project/program).
- Sets up a strategic policy for improving the test management and the testing, and implements that policy in an organization.
- Analyzes specific problems with the test management and its alignment with other roles or management areas in the project/organization, and proposes effective solutions.
- Creates a master test plan with matching governance dashboard to meet or exceed the business objectives of the organization or a project/program.
- Develops innovative concepts for test management (project) organizations which include required roles, skills, methodologies (tools) and organizational structure.
- Establishes a standard process for implementing test management in an organization (project/program) with standardized delivery based on quality KPIs.
- Leads an organization to improve the test management process and manage the introduction of changes.
- Understands and effectively manages the human issues associated with test-project management and implement necessary changes.
Link to a Real Person
ecosystemtemplate/manager_of_testing.txt · Last modified: 2019/08/14 23:12 by winnieheh