- Educate, train, and support development teams on internationalization QA best practices and test strategies.
- Participate in developing training material and presentations to other product engineers in internationalization and localization (coding/testing guidelines, demos, seminars, etc.).
- Help raise awareness of feature team members on internationalization by showing them how to test for internationalization.
- Help with triaging and prioritization of bugs; follow through with feature teams to make sure critical bugs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement process enhancements to present excellent operational efficiency.
- Provide support to Technical Support team as needed.
- Help design tools that increase the use of automation in testing software for i18n issues.
- Coordinate testing and be the main point of contact with 3rd party QA vendors in testing our products in non-English environments.
- Ship high-quality software for use in all supported non-English environments.
- 2+ years of experience with software testing and development with Windows, web and mobile applications, or Linux.
- Understanding of software internationalization and localization process.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a “customer first” attitude.
- Bachelor’s in information technology, GIS, computer science, or related field, depending on position level.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors to develop or test software products.
- Software programming and/or script development experience.
- Familiarity with the company’s products.
- Scrum master certification and/or Agile development experience.
Link to a Real Person
ecosystemtemplate/proof-reader_-_ecosystemtemplate/qa_engineer.txt · Last modified: 2018/10/28 00:53 by winnieheh