Table of Contents
- Manages, tracks and reports on translation .
- Works with workflow servlets, configuration, system interfaces, filters and translation memory.
- Trains WorldServer users, maintain and develop training courses and write documentation.
- The ability to manage multiple Language Service Providers is expected along with successful interfaces with internal clients, vendors and internal proprietary systems.
- Routine responsibilities include management of terminology, translation memory and style guides.
- Establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Establishes group standards, procedures, performance levels and documentation requirements.
- Provides guidance to staff to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Recommends changes to policy which affect group staff.
- Develops departmental and or project tactical planning processes.
- Communicates project status, issues to management, users and staff.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Bachelor-level degree in Translation or Localization Project Management or equivalent experience.
- Localization project management experience in a fast paced regulated environment (client or vendor experience a plus).
- In-depth knowledge of all steps required in the localization process, including quality assurance and validation.
- Technical expertise in the administration and configuration of Computer -Assisted Translation (CAT) and Content Management tools (e.g. WorldServer, Trados Studio, Trisoft etc.).
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, teamwork and attention to detail.
- Experience with HTML, Java, xml, Framemaker and other common file formats.
- Experience debugging localization issues that arise with language-specific codepage/character encodings and varied file formats.
- Desktop Publishing experience preferred.
- Second language ability preferred.
Link to a Real Person
project_manager.txt · Last modified: 2020/09/09 21:44 by winnieheh